Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

More Memory

Thread: More Memory

More Memory

Hi guys as you guys might have read I get lot of gcc & make errors.. I'm not sure why... I could be that my k6-2 runs a little hot.. Or my mem could be bad from what some guys tell me.... Well I'm tired of Fatal signal 1,2,4,11 I want to figure out what is wrong... Should I get a some new memory? If so what type do I need? I got a AMD K6-2 550MHZ and I got a ASUS mobo.

I have noticed that when I have gnome@home running all my apps are unstable... Could that be the proc and not the memmory?

Re: More Memory

Hi guys as you guys might have read I get lot of gcc & make errors.. I'm not sure why... I could be that my k6-2 runs a little hot.. Or my mem could be bad from what some guys tell me.... Well I'm tired of Fatal signal 1,2,4,11 I want to figure out what is wrong... Should I get a some new memory? If so what type do I need? I got a AMD K6-2 550MHZ and I got a ASUS mobo.

I have noticed that when I have gnome@home running all my apps are unstable... Could that be the proc and not the memmory?
    Either memory or CPU heat.

You need PC-100 ram, 168 pin DIMM modules.

you can test your memory, i use an app called tuff test, available at www.tufftest.com - boots and runs from a floppy. it will test out quite a bit of your system too, e.g. hard drive, processor.

I'd look at the CPU temp before buying new ram... but running one of those ram testers would be a good idea too.

MemTest86 is a free alternative. Should be easy to find on goggle and its very thorough! Took a good few hours to run on my mum's Ghz latop and it only has 256Mb.