Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Mouse wheel isn't working
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse wheel isn't working

Mouse wheel isn't working

From what I understand, KDE is suppose to have native mouse wheel support (because QT supports it), but my new mouse (Microsoft Wheel mouse optical USB and PS/2 compatible) works except for the wheel. Anyone know of some good howto's to get the mouse working? Thanks.

Re: Mouse wheel isn't working

hello,
    is this in your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file ?
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Mouse0"
        Driver   "mouse"
        Option   "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option   "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option   "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
        Option   "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    EndSection
    for the wheel the important item is Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Ok, I added it and restarted x but no dice.

humms - what protocol are ya using?

Do you have USB support compiled into your kernel?

If you use the USB->PS/2 converter, the mouse should work perfectly with the posted configuration.

Do you have USB support compiled into your kernel?

If you use the USB->PS/2 converter, the mouse should work perfectly with the posted configuration.
    I have a hardware USB-to-PS/2 converter, if that is what you mean.

Here is part of my XF86Config-4 file:
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Mouse1"
      Driver   "mouse"
      Option "Protocol"  "PS/2"
      Option "Device"   "/dev/mouse"
      Option "Emulate3Buttons"
      Option "Emulate3Timeout" "50"
      Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#  Option "ChordMiddle"

EndSection

Change your protocol to IMPS/2.

And turn off Emulate3Buttons

Change your protocol to IMPS/2.
    Thanks. *This did the trick. *I didn't need to turn off the emulate3buttons, though which is nice because I use that quite a bit. *The funny thing is, when I'm using a mouse w/o the wheel, I don't miss it, *but when it is there I have to use it.

And turn off Emulate3Buttons
    I see what you mean now; clicking the mousewheel acts as that third button. Very cool and much more useful (imho) than the quick scroll think they have on Windows machines (I never use that, but I always use the middle button).