Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Finding Problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding Problems

Finding Problems

I have a box that I have put together out of working spare parts. Each part has been tested in my box and works fine. When these parts are put together they seem to fubar. It won't boot to the BIOS and hangs. How can Igiagnose this problem?!

Good Guru

Re: Finding Problems

Put in only the bare minimum of hardwares and tried it .... Take out those sound card, NIC or others.

The most probable cause is that some IRQs conflicting ... Also set your BIOS to the default setting or jump clean it so that it can rescan the IRQ setting ....

I have some instances that use odd IRQ numbers that that will conflict with newer boards' IO setting ...

Start with just a floppy, ram, cpu, and video card, and work your way up from there - and if possible, get a good ID on the mobo and look up the beepcodes for its bios - they can help a lot if you aren't even booting.

Thanks guys. It turns out that the manual had the primary and secondary IDE slots mixed up and that was the problem ....

Now I have another delima. I am supose to put WinXP on this box for my parents but it didn't come with any boot disks (the system has an old non booting CD rom) and I don't run anything MS to create the boot disks. MS has boot disks (takes 6 to boot winxp installer) but you must allready have a MS system to create them off being a direct write exe to the floppy drive ... anyone have any ideas?

Thanks guys. It turns out that the manual had the primary and secondary IDE slots mixed up and that was the problem ....

Now I have another delima. I am supose to put WinXP on this box for my parents but it didn't come with any boot disks (the system has an old non booting CD rom) and I don't run anything MS to create the boot disks. MS has boot disks (takes 6 to boot winxp installer) but you must allready have a MS system to create them off being a direct write exe to the floppy drive ... anyone have any ideas?
    I am running Windows. I can make some Raw images with rawwrite, of the bootdisks,and upload them somewhere if you like. *Then you can just write them using rawwrite or whatever you prefer.

I am running Windows. I can make some Raw images with rawwrite, of the bootdisks,and upload them somewhere if you like. Then you can just write them using rawwrite or whatever you prefer.
    That would be great! If it is possible to email them to me at ashcrow at phreaker dot net that would be perfect. If you'd rather upload via ftp or DCC I can set something up.

That would be great! If it is possible to email them to me at ashcrow at phreaker dot net that would be perfect. If you'd rather upload via ftp or DCC I can set something up.
    does your email account accept all that? *6 disks would be around 8 megs or something, right?
    Also, you want the ones for Home edition or Professional?

does your email account accept all that? 6 disks would be around 8 megs or something, right?
    Also, you want the ones for Home edition or Professional?
    profesional I belive ... I guess 8 megs would me much. Is DCC fine?

profesional I belive ... I guess 8 megs would me much. Is DCC fine?
    um....what is dcc?

um....what is dcc?
    IRC DCC send. Direct connection.