Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Battery Problems??

Thread: Battery Problems??

Battery Problems??

Dear LJR experts,

I have a funny problem with my computer. I started to notice that my clock and date settings were getting out of whack about 6 months ago. Also when I start up my computer, before LILO kicks in, sometimes it will stop, and there is a message telling me that my battery is low. I have to go into the BIOS setup and manually reset my CPU speeds, etc., because the settings have somehow changed.

I really don't know much about hardware, in fact I don't know where the batterry is located, and so I was hoping to get some ideas on what to do. I have a rather old computer with a PC100 system board that uses Sis 530 super7 chipset. It has a built-in hardware monitor circuit, and a 200W power supply (I can"t remember if it is AT or ATX, but I know that it is the older of the two) . Any suggestions would be most kindly appreciated!

Super Cheers,

Mimi!

Re: Battery Problems??

battery is pretty easy to replace. open your case up and look around, just be careful not to jar anything too hard. you should be able to see it. it's real easy to get one out and in. if you aren't comfortable doing it, just take it to a computer shop and they can prolly do it for you while you wait.

http://www.liverepair.com/encycloped...mosreplace.asp

Thanks YarNess for the great link

google is your best friend