Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

So far so Good of course 30 dollars out now!

Thread: So far so Good of course 30 dollars out now!

So far so Good of course 30 dollars out now!

To fix my Heat Frikin Heat problem I stopped at the local mom and pop rip you off computer store. Here is what they were raving about today.

This huge All Copper (except the fan) cpu fan.
    "It will cut the heat by 30 degrees.

Okay I bought one. Slipped off the old AMD Boxed CPU fan/heatsink (which was half the size of the new all shiny copper one).

Fired up the machine crunched all 18 of the RH7.3 errata files and installed them.

Reboot the machine and dang if that kid wasnt right I am down from the original temp today of 131 deg F. to a low 104 Deg F.

Why am I telling you this, Just in case you are suffering from heat that you are worried about. The shiny new copper model seems to really be doing a good job. The air out the power supply the top of the case are much cooler.

Of course I will check it again tomorrow just to make sure.

Oh and the new fan is averaging 6300 RPM so that helps 1100 more than the last one.

Thanks
    Ras

Re: So far so Good of course 30 dollars out now!

I still like my Volcano 6's & Drgon Orb's better.

That's some hella ice cubes man. Right on!

Good Guru

Add more Voltage -- get more RPMS!!!!

Add more Voltage -- get more RPMS!!!!
    And how would I go about doing this? My fan is plugged into the motherboard cpu fan connector. Is this a bios thing?

And how would I go about doing this? *My fan is plugged into the motherboard cpu fan connector. *Is this a bios thing?
    Oh no..
    The fan is DESIGNED to go round at 12V, some might run fine at first of say 17V, but that requires soldering and wirecutting on your MOBO powercable, which isn't for the faint at heart. and the fan will in most cases die on you after a month or so... I had several fan go down taht way.

I say cut a big old hole in your case in the front and add a 120mm x 120mm fan as intake.

Then cut an outtake hole in the back, add 120mm x 120mm fan if you're really in need.

Thatr should solve your heat problems for good.

btw, you can run the in/out take fans at 7V, because all you really need is a little flow to push the hot air out of the case and to pull nice cool air in.

Here some ACSII art to explain the idea :
    -------------
    | * * * * * *|
    ' <-- * * * |
    | * *^ * * * |
    | * * | * * *|
    | * * | * * *|
    | * * < --- '
    -------------

this is sort of the setup I have. PSU at the very top, outtake at the back just about CPU fan, added a duct in cardboard/Yducttape to make sure the air goes out my outtake hole (it has no fans anymore).