Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Single click read as double with USB mouse

Thread: Single click read as double with USB mouse

Single click read as double with USB mouse

Problem is a simple one most of my single clicks whether released or not more often than not are read as double clicks. This means that windows get turned into the title bar when they're not supposed to or Xchat windows close when they're not supposed to. This wouldn't be all bad except I've had as many as 3 Xchat windows close (meaning this would be a triple click )

lsmod
    Code:
    hid          12960  0 (unused)
    mousedev        3968  1
    usbmouse        1824  0 (unused)
    input          3616  0 [hid mousedev usbmouse]
    usb-uhci        22212  0 (unused)
    Yes I'm missing usbcore, is it THAT important?

Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier "Mouse0"
        Driver   "mouse"
        Option   "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option   "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option   "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option   "Emulate3Buttons" "off"
        Option   "Resolution" "1000"
    EndSection
    XF86Config from Xfree86 4.2.

I'm currently using KDE 3.0 with Mosfet's Liquid, which I uninstalled and tried without and still had the same problem. I also tried with Fluxbox.

Re: Single click read as double with USB mouse

This is just a guess, but try commenting out the Resolution line. I don't think you need one that high, and the default one should do just fine.

Arrite, tried that and it didn't work. It seems that the button's button(?) is going bad or it's a driver issue of some kind. I was in Windows *twitch* the past few days and it was less cranky there. It got less cranky when I pulled up on the button I press. Question now is what to do.

The source of the problem is in fact a dying right button as I just tried switching the mouse to left handed use (right button becomes the left, etc) and it works just fine. Now the question becomes do I dare take my mouse apart since I can't get a warentee replacement and I think it's out of warentee anyway or become a backward mouse user. :P

Good Guru

Take it apart and clean the switch. ITs not that hard. If you have monitor wipes or hand wipes -- those are good for cleaning it since they evaporate quickly. If you are good at fixing stuff, feel no pain -- mice are actually verey easy to repair.

Groovy, I was hoping to hear that. On a better note if the switch is just dying I've got a spare Razer 1000 in my crawl space that for some reason the tracking got bitchy and stopped working. No monitor or hand wipes but Q-tips ought to do just as good a job.