Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help me compile this program

Thread: Help me compile this program

Mentor

Help me compile this program

I'm trying to compile this Palm-pilot emulator program from source. I always end up with an error message: "Internal compiler error". I have no clue how to get around this. I tried to recompile the gcc compiler (!) but that crapped out, too.
    It could be something wrong with my system, but I can't figure out what it is. Can somebody try to compile it and send to compiled program back to me? It would be truely appreciated!

http://www.handysource.com/temp/emulator_src_33.tar.gz

Re: Help me compile this program

Come on Libranet man! apt-get upgrade gcc

(assuming that you're not using the latest version, I guess )

Mentor

Come on Libranet man! apt-get upgrade gcc

(assuming that you're not using the latest version, I guess )
    This is not a problem that you can solve with apt-get, trust me. I've tried all possible combinations.
    Any more helpful thoughts?

Did you follow the /Docs/Building.txt file ...you'll probably
    have to install the FLTK libraries. There is a note on running
    compiling this w/gcc-2.9.5.3 even if you have a newer gcc
    installed.

~Guitarlynn

Mentor

Did you follow the /Docs/Building.txt file ...you'll probably
    have to install the FLTK libraries. There is a note on running
    compiling this w/gcc-2.9.5.3 even if you have a newer gcc
    installed.

~Guitarlynn
    Yes, I read and followed those instructions. The FLTK libraries and gcc-2.9.5.3 are installed. Asking for help here is my last resort!

first of all: are u using compiler optimisations? if so, try compiling without them

a friend of mine had a lot of 'internal compiler' errors a while back and he tried everything but he kept having problems. it turned it was a hardware problem (the system could do just about anything, but it always had problems compiling with or without opts). he replaced the cpu and now everything works perfectly again