Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

A mount issue

Thread: A mount issue

Good Guru

A mount issue

Greetings all! Happy thanksgiving!

Well here is my problem, I got a windows partition that I need regular user r/w access on it. My fstab entry is as follows (RedHat 7.2 didnt auto add it int my fstab). User and group 502 are for the user/group Wine (for running wine games from the partition)

/dev/hda1 /windows98se auto user,gid=502,uid=502

What the heck am I missing?

Re: A mount issue

hello,
    i am not sure why that entry does not work, here is what i would try.

/dev/hda1 /windows98se vfat user,gid=502,uid=502,rw 0 0

Good Guru

Thanks for the help, but nope, still gives me a permission error. I am going to reboot and see if that helps. Who knows.....

try adding suid to the options.
    i just did this a month or so ago...

you need to remount it.

mount -o remount /dev/hda1

or reboot like you said.

suid shouldn't matter

also you can do mode=0770.
    good luck

Advisor

/dev/hda1 * */windows98se * auto *user,gid=502,uid=502

What the heck am I missing?
    This is what I use:
    /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat defaults,gid=502,uid=502,rw 0 0

No problem writing/reading from it, altho every file is marked executable, but that might be somethign in the fat FS.

altho every file is marked executable, but that might be somethign in the fat FS.
    tis, there is no way to specify permissions on fat so linux just reads them all with the executable flag, so you could store an executable and directorys can be cd'ed to.

Good Guru

Thaks all, I though that remounting it would work but it didnt. The reboot did. I would have posted earlier, but I had to go to the parents for a few days. The abrupt departure was worth it -- a reallllllllyyy weird Green Bay packer game. It still amazes me how so much talent can suck so bad. Detroit kicked our ass in my eyes.