Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

mysql prob

Thread: mysql prob

mysql prob

I am trying to setup an admin user in mysql to log in as. I have tried several different things, but no joy on anything yet. the command I did to add user was:
    grant all on * to mark identified by 'password';

This then tells me that it went ok and I log out as root to log back in as mark. I issue the command:
    ./mysql -h localhost -u mark -p

it comes up with Enter password :
    I enter my password and it says access denied. Any one got any ideas?

Re: mysql prob

Try:

grant all on *.* to mark identified by 'password';

I spent ages with a simalar prob, this sorted it.

HTH

Nope thats not it either. tried it several times with a few minor diffs each time. Im pretty much at a loss as to what to do now. ??? it will let me log in as root, but not as anything else.

Mmmmn..... sounds like the same problem I had, the only other thing I did was create a completely new user and did the *.* thing. You could try a new user but I can't figure out for the life of me why that would make a difference. I know SQL has loads of ACL stuff, maybe the add step with one * does something on a different ACL that means you can't do the *.* thing. (can you tell I'm realy clutching at straws here?)

I hear ya. Im just playing around for the most part. I have mysql,php, and apache installed on a laptop at work that I am playing with (Im at work now). I will try it at home on my puter, and if it does it there, then ???

The one at home did the same thing. ??? ??? My brain hurts.

Advisor

Could it be, that mysql want's the password encrypted, so you'll have to specify it with:
    grant all on *.* to mark identified by PASSWORD('password');

http://mysql.com/documentation/mysql...tml#User_names
    http://mysql.com/documentation/mysql...l#Adding_users
    http://mysql.com/documentation/mysql...ult_privileges

Ok, that worked. The only difference with what I was doing is I did not add the word Priviledges in the grant statement. Thanks for the help!!