Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Help with Libranet (Debian)

Thread: Help with Libranet (Debian)

Help with Libranet (Debian)

;D I have been trying for some time to get several winders boxes and a Debian box networked, and get them all able to use my satellite download (fairly good speed) capability with my lan. Well got it done bout 2:am this morn. During all this I have been looking hard for a good description of just what my sources list should look like so I can now apt-get my box to the (at least) Woody distro. I've borked the sources list sevvvveral times. Right now it is back stock, because I am just finishing a new install. Any one got an exact address that I could use in it to Update & Upgrade my sys to. Once I get this accomplished Winders is going to hit the road. :P Any help appreciated (btw I have been reading on this for week's, but I dont have anything that fits the bill yet) 8)

Associate

Re: Help with Libranet (Debian)

Here's my sources.list file. It's pretty basic, but it does the job. If you want to upgrade to Woody, change all the "unstable"s to "testing". I'm not sure about package conflicts between libranet and the stock Debian disto, so you may have to manually remove some packages(dpkg -r ) and install the stock debian version. I did a quick google search but didn't come up with anything specific on this.

# the main Debian packages. Uncomment the deb-src line if you
    # want 'apt-get source' to work with most packages.
    deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

# the non-US Debian packages. Uncomment the deb-src line if you
    # want 'apt-get source' to work with non-US packages.
    deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/ unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

;D Thanks I'll give that a try in a few min's. :P

I just blasted the heck out of a perfectly good Libranet install. I changed my sources list to "testing" (Woody&quot and it borked X window. I've been trying to get X running again, because otherwise, the install is still OK, as far as I can tell. If you intend to upgrade Libranet to "Woody", BE CAREFUL!

Associate

What kind of errors is X giving you?

I just blasted the heck out of a perfectly good Libranet install. I changed my sources list to "testing" (Woody&quot and it borked X window. I've been trying to get X running again, because otherwise, the install is still OK, as far as I can tell. If you intend to upgrade Libranet to "Woody", BE CAREFUL!

It's not giving me ANY error messages, it just ain't working. *When I check the files in /usr/bin/X11R6, I get "permission denied" when I try to read specific files, and, yes, I'm trying as root. *I upgraded the kernel a while back to 2.4.12, and it went like it was greased. *This is the first problem I've had with this install, and it's my own fault. *I've heard that Libranet is releasing a new version soon, so I'll probably keep messing around with this one, trying to get X running, until the new one comes out, then I'll just buy it and that'll fix everything. (Love their installer)

I Think I will hold off a little bit. I havent got my lan figured out well enough to suit me. My windwers boxes all run off my sat recv pretty good all at around 79-80kbps but my linux box is setup the same as the windows ones and it runs out of steam on a download, stalls. I am going to keep changing the ip numbers around until I get the Linux box to match performance. Then I will try to download woody. Here is a thought, I can go to debian and download wood on the winders box and burn me a cd. Might try that. Oh well. Back to borking the system. Thanks ;D

Associate

Debian has a tool (apt-spy) for finding the best site for you to download from. It tests and writes a sources list for you based on bandwidth speed. It may be wise to back up your existing souces list. Availible with testing or newer. Check it out : http://packages.debian.org/testing/admin/apt-spy.html

Regards,
    Rod