Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

cant connect to network

Thread: cant connect to network

cant connect to network

hi
    i finally got my driver working with ndiswrapper. and i did all my setup with iwconfig ( the network name, managed mode, wep key) but still im not getting a connection, when i do iwlist scan, my network is visible.
    is there something im missing here
    here is a ss
    http://www.imagehosting.us/imagehosting/showimg.png/?id=269646[/img]

Re:

Dear n00b,
    Hello,

Try to check your route and also try to ping www.yahoo.com and show what you got ?

# ping www.yahoo.com
    # route -n

Best Regards.
    Frrkh hmd

i did no ping reply. The cards LED is lit up, and when i do that scan command i do see the network

Re:

Dear n00b,
    Hello,

Quote Originally Posted by n00b
    i did no ping reply. The cards LED is lit up, and when i do that scan command i do see the network
    Can you tell me which provider you are using ?

are you getting Static/Dynamic IP Address ?

# iwconfig wlan0 ap 00:0D:3A:24:C2D

Best Regards.
    Frrkh hmd

i have cable internet
    usual setup
    wall -> modem --> router -->computer & wireless
    ip address is dynamic, using DHCP

EDIT:: going to go try dhcpcleint wlan0 command
    ( i did it before but gave me errors or something brb with ss )

Administrator Moderator
    What does your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 file look like?

It appears that you have none based on the error messages. It should look like this:

DEVICE=wlan0
    BOOTPROTO=dhcp
    ONBOOT=yes

Hope this helps.

IT WORKED
    tahnk you starfish
    jus tiny problem
    NOW, when i boot up the intialization for wlan0 does come up but it fails (threw ndiswrapper) and then when i go back to terminal and do modprobe ndiswrapper it doesnt work
    i had to remove it from the modprobe conf and then when it boots up it diesnt try t load it and i have to do it manually
    and suggestions on how to automatically get it working
    thanks a lot once again, finally dnt have to switch back and forth to go on the net