Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Go ahead guys! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Go ahead guys!

Re: Go ahead guys!

I don't know. I use mutt and mutt uses vim.
    Actually, Composer is the html editor...

Actually, Composer is the html editor...
    I use vim for my HTML too

Try adding this line to your .vimrc file:
    If this doesn't work, then it's probably your terminal. Do this command: export TERM=xterm-color and go back into vim. Tell me ifyou see colors
    that works .. thx

I use vim for my HTML too
    Well, up until I found Composer, I did too. But Composer is very nice for roughing in a page. What I do is set it up in composer and the do all the fine tunning in my editor. The old NS Composer alowed you to assign an external editor in the preferences, but this one does not have that option.

No biggie, really, as I just close the file in Moz and the open it in Vim.

So, here is a Vim Q.

In Gvim, how do you get your setting for color and global stuff, like toolbar toggle to save? Do they go in the .gvimrc somewhere?

So, here is a Vim Q.

In Gvim, how do you get your setting for color and global stuff, like toolbar toggle to save? *Do they go in the .gvimrc somewhere?
    I can't answer that unfortunatly, as I never used gvim

I can't answer that unfortunatly, as I never used gvim
    Yeah, me neither. I am not sure that I see an advantage to it really. Guess I should stick with what I know.

u could fix that by creating an alias like this:
    alias ls="ls --color=auto"

put that in ur ~/.bash_profile and log in again (or type source ~/.bash_profile) and u'll always have colors with ls
    yeah ls is aliased with ls --color = auto in my .bash_profile, and ls gives me colours, but for some reason vim doesn't. I'll try the export term thingy.

OK! I have rather got a handle on GVim and I like it. It is not much different than vim, but for lazy SOBs like me it has some nice point and drool features.