Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

I need a couple of things

Thread: I need a couple of things

I need a couple of things

I am looking for a few pieces of software that I can't seem to find.

1. An FTP program that I can select certain types of files as being ascii and all the rest being binary transfers, I need this for this site.

2. Some software like Limewire and Gnutella, but is stable and fast. I am using the alpha gtk-gnutella now and that is just plain horrible.

3. An ssh telnet program so my fiancee doesn't keep having to reboot into windows to check her student email. Augh how annoying!

4. Very small webserving program so I can setup a mock GLO here on my machine so I can test things before putting them up on the site.

Ok, if you guys know of any software for any of this, I would REALLYYYY appreciate it! Thanks

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

Spot

Re: I need a couple of things

1. An FTP program that I can select certain types of files as being ascii and all the rest being binary transfers, I need this for this site.
    Check out IglooFTP Pro http://www.iglooftp.com
    It might do what you're looking for (free trial)

2. Some software like Limewire and Gnutella, but is stable and fast. I am using the alpha gtk-gnutella now and that is just plain horrible.
    Blech...never touch the stuff..stick with FTP(IMO)

3. An ssh telnet program so my fiancee doesn't keep having to reboot into windows to check her student email. Augh how annoying!
    er...won't openssh do that?

4. Very small webserving program so I can setup a mock GLO here on my machine so I can test things before putting them up on the site.
    You've got the apache, why not use that and see it in it's real environment?

JimH

Most FTP programs support both transfer modes. I don't know of one that will let you switch transfer modes in the middle of one transfer.

Sorry, don't use these.

Whats wrong with SSH?

Apache. One of these days I'm going to build a test box for my network and see how it works. I've never played with Apache.

Jim H

Most FTP programs support both transfer modes. I don't know of one that will let you switch transfer modes in the middle of one transfer.
    Well it transfers one file at a time and then it switches to ascii or binary appropriately. Like WsFTP.

Sorry, don't use these.
    oh you do gooder! :P

Whats wrong with SSH?
    I've yet to be able to find it on my slack install or my RH install!

Apache. One of these days I'm going to build a test box for my network and see how it works. I've never played with Apache.
    Apache is great! Yet it is rather large, that is why I was looking for something tiny
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

I've yet to be able to find it on my slack install or my RH install!

Apache is great! Yet it is rather large, that is why I was looking for something tiny
    SSH rpm's are available for 6.x and 7.x. Installed by default on 7.x.

Did you try searching http://freshmeat.net for other webservers?

Jim H

Psycho

If you have a Redhat box you ought to try Tux. Talk about tiny, I guess it's in the later kernels.

I haven't messed with it myself though.

--glenn

nfallon

LimeWire is available for Linux.

Neil

LimeWire is available for Linux.

Neil
    Yeah I found that out, for some reason I just couldn't locate it for the life of me when I was looking at the time. Oh well, I have even gone to the console based gnutella, works quite well, I am impressed so far!

Aragorn