Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anybody do flash at all?

Thread: Anybody do flash at all?

Anybody do flash at all?

I'm just wondering about flash... it seems as though wine can run the standalone flash exes perfectly, but what are your guys' experience with flash embedded in a website? What browsers can view it? Mozilla says I just need to install a plugin to view it, but when I click ok, it says it can't find an appropriate plugin...

Re: Anybody do flash at all?

Flash is evil !!!

> FLASH CRAP >

I just installed Flash for netscape. Its really easy. Download the .tar file. Open it and copy two files out (a .class and .so) and put them in /usr/lib/netscape/plugins. i haven't tried it for Konqueror (not even sure if it works) but i should since thats my favorite browser.

finding the right flash plugin could be hard because it supposedly only works with netscape (but it works with mozilla as well though)

so i'll make it really easy for u
    download these 2 files:
    http://users.pandora.be/ralinx/ShockwaveFlash.class
    http://users.pandora.be/ralinx/libflashplayer.so

and put them in the plugins directory of where mozilla is installed (for instance: /usr/local/mozilla/plugins)
    restart mozilla, and enjoy the evilness of flash

Flash works fine in Netscape, Mozilla and Konqueror. For Konq, you have to have the Netscape plugin installed and the kdebase-nspluggins package installed as well.

I very seldom deal with Flash, however.