Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Word Processor/office suite - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Word Processor/office suite

Re: Word Processor/office suite

8) KOffice 8)

Supports aspell and therefore Danish spelling correction

8) OpenOffice 8)

Doesn't support dick, but still c00l - not QT

Yes. *Search for "The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX." *It will tell you everything you need to know. *Don't worry, it's not that difficult. *Once you're used to it, it is MUCH easier than Microsoft Word, or any other conventional word processor. *You spend less time worrying about the quirks of your software, and more time worrying about the content of your document.
    Yes. *Great document.

You can also checkout LyX, which is a nice GUI front end for working with LaTeX. *It is not the prettiest UI in the world, but it works and it works well. *

http://www.lyx.org

Good Guru

I have never bothered to get into LaTeX, however KOffice suite is great. Also as a reliable MS-Office compatible tool, OpenOffice is great as well. I just like the smallness of KOffice (or the appearance of smallness

From what I keep hearing LaTeX is really the way to go. I just never found the time. I wish I was 12 again, I was such a basement bum and figured so much out. Now its just work and work and maybe sleep

I have never bothered to get into LaTeX, however KOffice suite is great. Also as a reliable MS-Office compatible tool, OpenOffice is great as well. I just like the smallness of KOffice (or the appearance of smallness

From what I keep hearing LaTeX is really the way to go. I just never found the time. I wish I was 12 again, I was such a basement bum and figured so much out. Now its just work and work and maybe sleep
    It takes about two hours to master the basics of LaTeX. From that point on you can write letters, papers, resumes and even books. You can delve deeper as need be, learning equation type-seting and fancy stuff that Word and its ilk simply can not do.

The big advantage to LaTeX is that it handles the details like page breaks, section numbers, page numbers and so on. You just write and apply the markup tags as you go. It is much like html in structure.

"The not so Short Introduction to LaTeX" is the way to get started. Also, comp.text.tex is a fine resource for help.

Take a Sat, afternoon sometime and give it a try. Soon you'll be a type-setting pro.

Sweet deal, I've got all of Thursday off, so I'm going to jump right into that. Hopefully I'll have my printer working by then so I can test it out