Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LFS baby YEAH!

LFS baby YEAH!

I'm compiling bash right now (for those who don't know, bash is the first thing you compile).

D'oh! This is the second time that setting $CFLAGS has borked a configure script! Time to unset that variable for good

Kind Mastermind

Re: LFS baby YEAH!

I'm compiling bash right now (for those who don't know, bash is the first thing you compile).

D'oh! This is the second time that setting $CFLAGS has borked a configure script! Time to unset that variable for good
    Good luck, I will start my odessey towards an lfs system this weekend (I hope!).

Thanks, it's working really well so far. Aside from the $CFLAGS problem, I've only had one error, and for some weird reason, that error was supposed to happen (because I'm on Debian) and everything still works anyway

Ack, I'm getting an error now when I compile glibc:

Code:
    gcc ../sysdeps/generic/fdetach.c -c -O2 -Wall -Winline -Wstrict-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -g -pg  -I../include -I. -I/usr/src/glibc-build/streams -I.. -I../libio -I/usr/src/glibc-build -I../sysdeps/i386/elf -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread -I../sysdeps/pthread -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/i386/i586 -I../sysdeps/i386/i586 -I../sysdeps/i386/i486 -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/i686 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux -I../sysdeps/gnu -I../sysdeps/unix/common -I../sysdeps/unix/mman -I../sysdeps/unix/inet -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv -I../sysdeps/unix/i386 -I../sysdeps/unix -I../sysdeps/posix -I../sysdeps/i386/i686/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386/i686 -I../sysdeps/i386/fpu -I../sysdeps/i386 -I../sysdeps/wordsize-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-96 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64 -I../sysdeps/ieee754/flt-32 -I../sysdeps/ieee754 -I../sysdeps/generic/elf -I../sysdeps/generic  -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -include ../include/libc-symbols.h -DPROF  -o /usr/src/glibc-build/streams/fdetach.op
    echo 'streams/isastream.op streams/getmsg.op streams/getpmsg.op streams/putmsg.op streams/putpmsg.op streams/fattach.op streams/fdetach.op' > /usr/src/glibc-build/streams/stamp.opT
    mv -f /usr/src/glibc-build/streams/stamp.opT /usr/src/glibc-build/streams/stamp.op
    echo '' > /usr/src/glibc-build/streams/stamp.oST
    mv -f /usr/src/glibc-build/streams/stamp.oST /usr/src/glibc-build/streams/stamp.oS
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4/streams'
    make -C login subdir_lib
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4/login'
    make[2]: *** No rule to make target `tst-mtrace.c', needed by `/usr/src/glibc-build/malloc/tst-mtrace.d'. Stop.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4/login'
    make[1]: *** [login/subdir_lib] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    (edit: of course, I sent this to the lfs-support mailing list as well, I was just wondering if any of the lfs people here could help me )

first of all, only use the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in chapter 6 and after that
    they're useless in chapter 5 because ur compiling everything statically, and in chapter 6 u will compile all of those programs again but then dynamically

about that glibc error: it's pretty weird.
    Code:
    No rule to make target `tst-mtrace.c', needed by `/usr/src/glibc-build/malloc/tst-mtrace.d'. Stop
    especially this (well that's the only thing that's weird about it, the stuff before that looks like it went right)... maybe something went wrong during the creation of the makefiles (probably a problem during configure)

i read ur config.log on the lfs mailinglists and it said something about gd.h not being found... i did a search on my system and i don't have gd.h either but my glibc compiled perfectly so i have no idea really :-/

you sure it untar'ed fully? loose like your missing a file

maybe you forgot to unpack the glibc - linuxthreads into the glibc dir ..

maybe you forgot to unpack the glibc - linuxthreads into the glibc dir ..
    i don't think that's the problem because somewhere in the output he posted it says:
    Code:
    -I../linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix
    so that should be ok
    but Gerard (the author of the LFS book) already replied to his message on the mailinglist

Yup, I did what Gerard said, I compiled 2.2.4 instead of 2.2.1, and it works fine now. Thanks, though

Back to compiling

Woot! I'm done the book... all I have left to do is reboot into my LFS system... but I have a dilemma... Now that I've learned to sleep with my computer on, I've got respectable uptimes (over a day, anyway. my computer's been on for 3 days and 17 hours), I can't bring myself to reboot the machine