Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
I'm screwed with my woody..

Thread: I'm screwed with my woody..

Advisor

I'm screwed with my woody..

Just installed debian on my old laptop, it _only_ has a floppy drive, no cdrom, pcmcia or any other NIC facility.
    During boot with the rescue, I had to use floppy=thinkpad in order to get it to read the other disks, else It would comeup wioth alot of "No root image found on device.. blah" Finaly I got it installed, selected to setup apt-get through a ppp connection, got connected, did a dist-upgrade, and I found, that I didn't wanted the netkit-inetd installed, so I did a apt-get remove netkit-inetd

Now normaly my instinct tells me to be more carefull than usual, when doing stuff like this, but while removing the inetd, it allso removed my ppp/chat programs, so basicaly I can't connect and re apt-get those.. So I figure, well I'll just d/l them from another comp., and do an install from floppy with those .deb.

Heres the tricky part.. Now it dosn't recognise my floppy anymore, since I needed the floppy=thinkpad in order to get it to read floppys during install, I think it has something todo with some sort of setting I need to give in lilo.conf, but the darndest thing is I can't get it to take append="floppy=thinkpad" and that was kinda my only guess on what was needed, so untill I get my floppy to work, I can't install ppp/chat, and befor that, I can't do any install/upgrade of any kind, since I'm unable to make any other net connection than ppp.

Does anyone here know, how/what is needed in order to get this thing to read my floppys ?
    If it's of any help, its an old IBM thinkpad 360c, and the howto* mention to use the append="floppy=thinkpad", but my little thingy here wont take it...

*http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16/misc/thinkpad.html

Advisor

Re: I'm screwed with my woody..

Never mind... I just hacked something up with a partial rewrite of the floppy-driver and the /dev/fd0 charector device..

It's all good now...