Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Fed up with licq, looking for new icq client.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with licq, looking for new icq client.

Fed up with licq, looking for new icq client.

Hey all, I've been staying off licq for a while because of this bug, but I want back on the icq network and it's driving me nuts.

We've talked about it before. it's that bug where any messages sent to you while you were offline are resent to you every time you log in.

Anyway, I'm looking for a new ICQ client. Does anybody have any recommendations?

And yes, I would prefer ICQ. All my friends are on ICQ, there are too many to convert to something else.

Thanks all

Re: Fed up with licq, looking for new icq client.

Gaim ;D

Seriously, there's GnomeICU, but featurewise, it's not half what Licq has. You could also try to convince people to email you.

ickle.sourceforge.net
    ickle works perfectly with the new protocol but looks butt-ugly and doesn't have many features (and that's an understatement)

then there's kxicq2
    looks good, works great with the new protocol and has enough features to keep me happy... it's no licq though... but it's the best replacement i've found

btw, licq 1.0.4 should take care of that bug u mentioned, but i don't think it works with the new protocol the way it should be... but their CVS version currently works with the new protocol so u might wanna try that out

I use the cvs of kxicq2, has a nice wmaker dock app too (;

I might give licq cvs a try, for the new protocol.... I didn't know that they were still developing for it....

*cough* Jabber *cough*

Licq CVS is da bomb

i tried licq CVS a couple of days ago and it segfaults on me as soon as i press the right mouse button in the program

but i must say i really like kxicq

Licq CVS is da bomb
    Compiling it as we speak. Lets hope it's fixed this stupid bug!

bah, I tried it last night, still slow, still somewhat ugly, still seg faults, and still takes forever to send messages to certian people, and to recieve from people as well. back to kxicq I go. the latest CVS for kxicq2 includes sounds! w00t!

Compiling it as we speak. Lets hope it's fixed this stupid bug!
    oh oh... remember to get the "verified" snapshots.... there's guy who makes them sometimes, soo you know that they will compile without "that" many problems.... just using the CVS dumps are usually dangerous

I just grabbed the "daily CVS build" from licq.org. That the one?