Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Converting .raw to .iso :)

Thread: Converting .raw to .iso :)

Hybrid View

Converting .raw to .iso :)

Ok, I've downloaded .raw cd images for debian woody. I know how to burn these onto a CD under linux, but not under windows (since the burner is hooked up to a windows box... :). I'm positive that my burner can burn ISOs (just burned one today) but I'm pretty sure it can't do .raws. Does anybody know how I could convert a .raw into an ISO file?

Re: Converting .raw to .iso :)

Just had a thought:

Code:
    feztaa@feztron:/home/feztaa/shared/isos$ file *
    Mandrake81-cd1-inst.i586.iso: data
    Mandrake81-cd2-ext.i586.iso: data
    Mandrake81-cd3-supp.i586.iso: data
    woody-i386-1.raw:       data
    woody-i386-2.raw:       data
    Does this mean I can simply rename the .raw files?

Yes, renaming raw to iso should work.

Just had a thought:

Code:
    feztaa@feztron:/home/feztaa/shared/isos$ file *
    Mandrake81-cd1-inst.i586.iso: data
    Mandrake81-cd2-ext.i586.iso: *data
    Mandrake81-cd3-supp.i586.iso: data
    woody-i386-1.raw: * * * * * * data
    woody-i386-2.raw: * * * * * * data
    Does this mean I can simply rename the .raw files?
    That may work for switching .raw files to .ISO files, but I don't think it would work for everything with data as its type. /var/spool/locate/locatedb, the slocate database, is also of type data, but you can't simply give it an .ISO extension and burn it to a CD.

I think data is just a binary format that Linux can't understand. I once opened up an image in a text editor and deleted a bunch of characters. Afterwards, the type of the file switched from JPEG to data.

Well yes, I gather as much, but I was just wondering if I actually had to put these raw files through some sort of conversion process before my Wintendo burning software would understand it as a cd image.

Do a google search for ISO buster. Very handy and nifty progie, it should read .raws, allow you to open then remake it into an ISO.

Does it run on windows? Because the burner is currently in my parent's windows box, and a) my parents refuse to install linux, and b) they won't let me take the burner, either. The burning software I'm using now is pretty lame, 30 day trial and it's about to run out.

It's 'doze only as far as I know.

The one Woody disc I managed to download OK, I just renamed from .raw to .iso (at work in Windows) and EzCdCreator-4 liked if just fine.