Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

soundblaster live with redhat

Thread: soundblaster live with redhat

soundblaster live with redhat

i have a soundblaster live value! card and i was wondering what you have to do to get it working in redhat?
    i have 7.2 up and stupidly, the sound wont work although it sees the card. i tried using the tarball but i dont have a config file created in /usr/src/linux it says and when i try to create one it goes through a long list of questions and im not sure if thats the right path actually to go in. creative's site doesnt seem to support the drivers so i was wondering where i can get documentation for this. with redhat 7.1 and both mandrake 8.0 and 8.1 i didnt have this issue. thanx

SD

ps. at login time it tells me error while initializing sound device, /dev/dsp/ cant be opened (no such device)

Re: soundblaster live with redhat

I should think that Redhat 7.2 would support the SB Live series.

Have you tried to manually load emu10k1?

modprobe emu10k1

and see what messages you get. Also have a look at /var/log/messages.

I'm not sure if you should go ahead and create /dev/dsp yourself or the system creates it for you when sound has been setup correctly. You could search at Google to find out what major/minor numbers are required for dsp and create the character device manually.

mknod /dev/dsp ## ##

hey md, hows it going? that command gave me command not found. for the hell of it i decided to pull the card, shut down, reboot, then shut down, put it back in and boot again. kudzu came up, it found the card, loaded emu000(not emu101k, but close) and when i logged in i had sound. i tried this because this is what i had to do to get my nic card configured right in redhat 7.1. 8)
    glad it worked. thanx. now i gotta figure out how to turn off that automount feature in kde with my cdroms.
    take it easy.

SD

wow - rh has picked up my sound blaster live since the rh 6.2
    i think the automaount feature is done by the magicdev utility - if you remove it it should go away.

wow - rh has picked up my sound blaster live since the rh 6.2
    i think the automaount feature is done by the magicdev utility - if you remove it it should go away.
    Hey Paul and S.D.

That's what I figured as RH should be able to detect the SB Live.

I've never heard of emu000 as I always thought the Live series used the emu10k1 module. It's good to know since my other home pc has a SB Live Value 5.1 although I haven't finished installing Linux yet since it didn't like my Radeon VE. I did compile and install X4.1 a month or so ago, but I haven't got back to it yet. Now that 4.2 is out, I'll probably start over again.

hey mike - yea i have never heard of a emu000 either. hey SD - how many beers did you have while you were doing this?

I too have never heard of the emu000 module. I do, however, have an SBLive! card, and the emu10k1 module works with it flawlessly

Must be a RH thing :P

paul, youre a clown!. nah, i wasnt drunk either. *;D *i think what it was is that its named EMU000, or something similar under "device" somewhere, but the driver IS emu101k

take it easy.

SD