Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Good file sharing program
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good file sharing program

Good file sharing program

I've been using napshare and gtk-gnutella but they always seem to have problems downloading. I used kazaa but quit because of the spyware installed with it (I assume it's in our media shell as well). Anyone been using any that really kick ass?

Re: Good file sharing program

i liked napshare but found a lot of the downloads didn't work. I've successfully used it when my friend wanted some star trek voyager episodes so I put voyager into the automation thing then woke up the next morning with about 10 or 15 of them. oh and I haven't really played with this but check out edonkey2000, at edonkey2000.com or .org or something. Just google it

I use audiogalaxy for mp3's... I've gotten roughly 5 gigs from them.

with audio galaxy are you able to find many mp3s with bitrates higher then 128? I found that on kazaa or morpheous I could only find 128 or lower quality mp3s.

with audio galaxy are you able to find many mp3s with bitrates higher then 128? I found that on kazaa or morpheous I could only find 128 or lower quality mp3s.
    Yup. No problem. You can specify the bitrate you want and you'll find at least 192 for most mp3s.

the only problem i encountered with audiogalaxy is that many mp3s are not downloadable or shareable because of copyright restrictions :-/

I've never ran across a single one that said that... every mp3 I've clicked on to download, it's come down......

strange i cant download anything from ag now, all files are taken down ..

If you want mp3's Grokster is pretty good...but it probably has the standard spyware stuff...nothing that you can't remove easily though. It is just like Morpheus and Kazaa, same everything, but there is no bitrate limit on mp3's.

why no mention of limewire? has(IS) to be the best app for downloading music, apps, whatever.
    www.limewire.com

you gotta get java working correctly before installing (which is tricky until you realize what to do). drop a line if need be.

SD

ps. they have the free version there as well