Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

installing opera

Thread: installing opera

installing opera

??? I tried to install opera but when I try to run it from the program menu it said segmentaion error (dump...)

what does it mean?
    How can I fix it?(tried to install again allready)

Re: installing opera

hello,
    do you get any other messages? and are tehre any requiremnets which might not be met ? e.g. you have an older verison QT, are you using the staticly linked or dynamicly linked version?

I recomend the staticly linked one. It's not much larger thant the dynamicly linked version but you don't have to worry about requirements.

I recomend the staticly linked one. It's not much larger thant the dynamicly linked version but you don't have to worry about requirements.
    Agreed. Especially true if you do not have KDE/qt installed to begin with.

Thanks guys I reinstalled the static version and it worked however I tried to do it from the command line and it kept givving me some errors about rbuilding the rpm db and 3d mode.

Even to uninstall I couldn't from the comand line

Only when I tried rpm-gnome it worked
    is the command line a bad version does it make problems to you too???

Good Guru

What you are trying to do Opera in command line ?? I have never had the problem with issuing commands for rpm in command line. rpm -ivh <package-name> works great for me; in fact it's the only way I use it. I've never used GUI RPM installer. I have Red Hat 7.2.