Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Library help

Thread: Library help

Library help

OK, so I compiled GMP 4.0.1 myself (since this version is not available with apt-get). The installation went smootly without a problem. Now, to compile a program (see Programming Forum) with this new lib, do I have to change any file in /etc or any environnement variable so that /usr/local/lib is not skipped when I compile?

Good Guru

Re: Library help

wont a ldconfig be sufficient?

not_sure > /dev/complete_moron_today/schotty

hmm i dont know if this is the right switch but you could include /usr/local/lib with -L /usr/local/lib

i have needed to add directories to /etc/ld.config

OK, so I compiled GMP 4.0.1 myself (since this version is not available with apt-get). The installation went smootly without a problem. Now, to compile a program (see Programming Forum) with this new lib, do I have to change any file in /etc or any environnement variable so that /usr/local/lib is not skipped when I compile?
    Just add it to /etc/ld.so.conf and re-run ldconfig

doh! thats what i get for posting from memory.
    thanks KP