Thread: Got Tired of KDE switched to Gnome.

Got Tired of KDE switched to Gnome.

Switched to Gnome but have a small problem. I like to seperate my running apps by desktop KDE thats easy. Can you do that in gnome? If so how?????

You know what I am talking about on the little panel at the bottom of the screen (Default)

Thanks
    Ras

Re: Got Tired of KDE switched to Gnome.

I belive that Gnome and KDE handles that very differently, so I'm sure you can do exactly that in Gnome.

But Gnome has support for several desktops.

afaik .. you can just click on a window with your middle mouse button in the desktop overview at the bottom of the screen and then move it on another desktop, if you mean that ..

Good Guru

Switched to Gnome but have a small problem. *I like to seperate my running apps by desktop KDE thats easy. *Can you do that in gnome? *If so how?????

You know what I am talking about on the little panel at the bottom of the screen (Default)

Thanks
    Ras
    This weekend after my reinstall due to hard disc upgrade, I tried Ximian out again (for shits and giggles). *You can somewhat. * You can select the number of desktops and the orientation (2x2 or 1x4 to get 4 screens or whatnot). *Somewhre in there is a checkbox to do so. I have it where almost everything loads up to the proper desktop except netscape6 mail. *For some reason it doesnt like to auto load.

I still like kde a bit better. *And blackbox the most. *Once I get my work box going up at full speed I am gonna go and find my favorite WM and get the dam thing setup correctly and clone it for home. *