Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Does anyone use Freeamp?

Thread: Does anyone use Freeamp?

Kind Mastermind

Does anyone use Freeamp?

Does anyone here use Freeamp for linux? *I downloaded it for my Windows partition and I feel that it uses less resources than Winamp. *Plus, it has native support built in for ogg vorbis, not just mp3. *I like that, since I am ripping (for my wife, I call it copying) a lot of our cd's to the ogg file format.

How does it compare with the windows version? Was it easy to set up and get working correctly? Any inputs would be great, as I really like the product under windows and am very glad it is available for Linux, too. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Re: Does anyone use Freeamp?

hey Mister Stryder,
    I tried it iut about a year ago and I did not like it as much as xmms, although i can't remember why.... it was lighter on resources but i think i had a performance issue, this ia quite a while ago of course....

apt-get install freeamp ;D

I didn't like it really, because there was (is?) no gkrellm plugin

Freeamp, damn straight... Tried it and liked it!

I like the playlist feature, it's a bit tricky to begin with, when use to the Winamp style lists, but then you'll love it after a while.

I like the skinablity and the low use of ressources.

Still prefer ogg123 for that quick, low ressource player :P

Good Guru

Freeamp rocks

Kind Mastermind

Well, that about does it! I am going to download the linux version tonight and give it a whirl. Thanks guys. I haven't really delved into xmms either, so I am going to try both out and see which one I like more.

Yeah, I tried it and liked it a while ago, but I ended up going back to XMMS. I don't remember exactly why, but there's something about xmms that just 'fits' me better than freeamp.

I use Kjofol ;D

In windows, its a standalone player, but in linux, its a plugin for xmms. Ok, ok... so its still xmms... but have you seen the skins? Check out my screenshot (link in my sig) and its in the top left corner. You can all different styles, shapes, sizes, everything!

TTFN,
    ScRapZ_1 :P