Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

aterm for Red Hat 7.x
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: aterm for Red Hat 7.x

aterm for Red Hat 7.x

I have built an updated rpm and .src.rpm for aterm 0.4.2 (the newest). If you would like to help me test them, http://geek.j2solutions.net/rpms/aterm

Feedback is more than welcome!

Re: aterm for Red Hat 7.x

looks okay so far - the src rpm built real quick for athlon and transparent mode w/ name works good, pixmaps work good too. what else ya want tested?

That was pretty much it.

I'm also interested in people trying the prebuilt one. I don't know how compatable it will be... but like you, most people like to rebuild the .src.rpm for thier particular arch... no biggy.

I'm going to try to get Red Hat to include this next release, and *maybe* let me be the maintainer (:

the prebuilt one worked just as good as the src built one - i did not get the fonts to work right but that is user error...

Good Guru

I built it with RPM version on RH 7.2 with 2.4.9-31 kernel and KDE 2.2 with IceWM as WM ...

What I like,

1. A nicer font use... ( yeah, they are just really cool looking comparing to the Konsole default font )
    2. Nice coloring ..... Sometime the color mix in Konsole is really hard to read
    3. Nicer, smoother scroll bar ... I love the style of it.

What I don't like;
    1. The transparancy didn't work. It will only set to the light color but will not set to the original background that is already at the root display. Even after I set it up with -tr/+tr and -trsb/+trsb.
    2. The background image only support Pixmap image format.
    3. Capture system console do not work too... May be it's because I was using different WM than what it's coded for.
    4. I didn't see much to be configured in the "setting" area.

It's a nice little thing though .... just MO.

I built it with RPM version on RH 7.2 with 2.4.9-31 kernel and KDE 2.2 with IceWM as WM ...

What I like,

1. A nicer font use... ( yeah, they are just really cool looking comparing to the Konsole default font )
    2. Nice coloring ..... Sometime the color mix in Konsole is really hard to read
    3. Nicer, smoother scroll bar ... I love the style of it.

What I don't like;
    1. The transparancy didn't work. It will only set to the light color but will not set to the original background that is already at the root display. Even after I set it up with -tr/+tr and -trsb/+trsb.
    2. The background image only support Pixmap image format.
    3. Capture system console do not work too... May be it's because I was using different WM than what it's coded for.
    4. I didn't see much to be configured in the "setting" area.

It's a nice little thing though .... just MO.
    Strange. How was your background set? I have found that unless something like xsri or wmsetbg is used to set the backround image, aterm can't find it. Since I use xsri to set the background (called from a style script) transparency works flawlessly for me.

Not sure why only pixmap is supported, it was compiled to support jpeg and a few others... I wonder if some libs that it needs are missing on your install. I need to alter the dependancy listing I see.

I'll do some more testing on inlaying images... I had never used that feature to begin with (;

Good Guru

Well, KP, sorry to bug out so quick last night -- was getting my ass in gear for my NIS server. Time went faster than I had expected

I did putz with each package -- the src and prebuilt -- and worked flawlessly sofar. Used Stock RH 7.2 and 7.2.92

Good Guru

Strange. *How was your background set?
    It's set via KDE control panel and it's multiple images changing background. I've set it to change every 3 hours or so.
    Not sure why only pixmap is supported, it was compiled to support jpeg and a few others... I wonder if some libs that it needs are missing on *your install. *I need to alter the dependancy listing I see.
    Well, first of all, I can only find how to 1) set the background color 2) Set the pixmap 2) set the background type. So what command I need to use to set the background with say PNG or JPEG?
    I'll do some more testing on inlaying images... I had never used that feature to begin with (;
    Man aterm only list to set PIXMAP. The -bg works good as long as it's only the color setting though..

Hrmm, ok, I'll dig into those issues.

I'm not sure what kde is using to set the background, how very annoying. I do know that some times kde will set a background, and only konsole will be able to go transparent with it....

hum - i am not sure whats wrong - it works for me using xsetroot, Esetroot and xsri...