Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Sylpheed-claws error !
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sylpheed-claws error !

Good Guru

Sylpheed-claws error !

When I run ./configure, this is what I get.
    Code:
    image support : yes (gdk-pixbuf)
    GPGME     : no
    JPilot    : no
    LDAP     : no
    OpenSSL    : no
    compface   : no
    libjconv   : no
    IPv6     : no
    Pspell    : no
    So they said I need gdk-pixbuf and gdk_imlib. I have the first one but how do I install the second one? How do I check whether it's installed or not?? And what are the GPGME and Pspell does?? I guess they are the versions comparable with GnuPG and spelling checker??

And also when I do "make", this error is returned. Can you give me a clue on what to do?? Thanks.
    Code:
    file=./`echo fr | sed 's,.*/,,'`.gmo \
     && rm -f $file && /usr/bin/msgfmt --statistics -o $file fr.po
    error while reading "fr.po": Input/output error
    make[2]: *** [fr.gmo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sysadmin/download/sylpheed/sylpheed-0.7.4claws/po'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sysadmin/download/sylpheed/sylpheed-0.7.4claws'
    make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Re: Sylpheed-claws error !

Ouch.. one of the things I really disliked from my LFS system... cryptic compile errors...

To be honest, I just grabbed the .src.rpm from www.freshrpms.net and rebuild the bastard... frpms.net also provides a gpgme rpm/.src.rpm

pspell is the library for spell checking, to allow sylpheed-claws to to real time inline spell checking... I do believe they link to it from sylpheed's site? Not positive.....

Good Guru

To be honest, I just grabbed the .src.rpm from www.freshrpms.net and rebuild the bastard... frpms.net also provides a gpgme rpm/.src.rpm
    Got both of them and installed it fine .. Thanks KP. You da man ... 8)

I do believe they link to it from sylpheed's site? Not positive.....
    Didn't find it but it wasn't that much hard to find. Aspell works too.

Ah, heh, the pspell stuff is at freshrpms.net too I *think*

Good Guru

Geee.. another problem ...

After I read the mail, it changes to "read" status. After I quit the program and go back in, it shows ALL of them as unread ... Do you know what setting it's?? Or is it a known bug?

Side note .. After trying to figure out those stuff, I learned that when a program ( MUA ) delete mails from your system, it didn't actually **delete** it. It just make itself ( I don't know how ) that it's no longer in the system. I tested with both KMail, and Sylpheed and both cases are true... Unless I go in and delete with Mutt, it's still there .... : So much for privacy :.

Geee.. another problem ...

After I read the mail, it changes to "read" status. After I quit the program and go back in, it shows ALL of them as unread ... Do you know what setting it's?? Or is it a known bug?

Side note .. After trying to figure out those stuff, I learned that when a program ( MUA ) delete mails from your system, it didn't actually **delete** it. It just make itself ( I don't know how ) that it's no longer in the system. I tested with both KMail, and Sylpheed and both cases are true... Unless I go in and delete with Mutt, it's still there .... : So much for privacy :.
    If you allow the client to 'compact' your folder, it will expunge the deleted email. You can also configure it to 'truly' delete it when you hit delete.

Are you using pop3 or imap?

Good Guru

If you allow the client to 'compact' your folder, it will expunge the deleted email. You can also configure it to 'truly' delete it when you hit delete.
    I can't find the setting for both "compact folder" and the "truely delete" stuff. Where is the setting, do you know??

BTW, I'm using "mbox" format for the folder.
    Are you using pop3 or imap?
    The messages are locally stored and downloaded from POP3 servers.

Good Guru

Yes. I have that checked so I guess all I can do is already done ... I'm de-installing Sylpheed. Oh well ....

Good Guru

I gave the last shot and I may have solved the problem ( not that I did anything but just a work-around ).

My problems are that;

1. I was using MBOX style mail boxes. I guess MBOX is not well supported in Sylpheed.

2. The folder that Sylpheed trying to use is the same as KMail use. Since there can't be duplicate names, that's error out for creating new folders.

So I just tested with MH style mail boxes configuration in Sylpheed-0.7.4claws and it works well. I also created and imported some MBOX mails from KMail and it all goes well .....

The only problem I have now is if it quit, it just quit with no error message. KMail actually show the display and try to debug if it could. This Sylpheed just quit and disappear ..... :