Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Frequent KMail crashing !!

Thread: Frequent KMail crashing !!

Good Guru

Frequent KMail crashing !!

Just to let you guys know that if your KMail is crashing too frequently on you, you might want to disable ( or de-select ) folder threading option. This option "thread messages" in "Folder" menu was the single contributing factor in crashing my mail client every minute or so ( or whenever I move around among folders for mailing lists ).

Just wanted to let you guys know if you ever encounter this problem.

Re: Frequent KMail crashing !!

oh that sux! I've grown dependant on threaded messages.... Maillists are a nightmare without it threaded.....

What version of KMail are you using?

Good Guru

The latest version of KMail on latest release of Red Hat. That's KMail 2.2.2 on KDE 2.2.2-2.

Good Guru

oh that sux! *I've grown dependant on threaded messages....
    May be there are some codes that made KMail crash by affecting threading messages. I've a few other mail boxes that hold mailing lists such as Debian security and they have no problem at all.

I also thinks the main problem also behind this is that the way KMail handle folders and subfolders. It saves in one big file and marked internally. So if you have a mailing list with over 2000 mails, then it's quiet large file for KMail to keep track and mark it.
    I like Sylpheed in that sense. It support on MH mail folder style is cleaner. It saves as individual mails and inside the folder. So if you delete it, it's easy to delete them. By importing MBOX style mails to MH style, I've found some old mails that I've deleted for a long time .... :

Maillists are a nightmare without it threaded.....
    Yeap. Exactly.