Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How do I save mp3 files?

Thread: How do I save mp3 files?

How do I save mp3 files?

I need to figure out a way to save MP3 files. *I'm using XMMS to stream the files from a remote site, but I would like to be able to play them locally. *Is there a way to "save" the files from XMMS to the local drive? *Or maybe there is another MP3 *player that can handle streams like XMMS and can save the files. *Otherwise, is there any way to just capture the file as it comes in? *Thanks for your help.

Good Guru

Re: How do I save mp3 files?

Check on freshmeat. . There are tools that you can save the stream media to the files, at least to WAV format .. Then you can convert to what you need.. Some support native media format such as "ra" and stuff ...

XMMS has a diskwriter plugin you could try, it might work. You'd just have to be careful to start and stop playing exactly with the song, otherwise you'll get one large wav file with a bunch of songs in it, and it'll be pretty useless to you.

in XMMS in the MP3 plugin settings you can mark the setting called "Save stream as" or something like that... that will give you the entire stream on disk.

/me thinks the topic of this thread should be "Please help me break the law"

Good Guru

"Please help me break the law"
    Not unless you are saving copy-righted songs ... There are plently of MP3s that are not copy-righted...

YOU'VE NO PROOF!!!!!!!

And if that's the case, good on ya t048!

--edit--
    fixed quote error

did I say I had a problem with it??

he can copy all the mp3' he wants to... I don't really like the RIAA and their "money hungry troppers, worshipping the dark side"

Actually, I was trying to avoid this

The songs are freely downloadable. *It is just a hassle. *It would be so much easier to just click a button or two on the MP3 player and save the song.

Also, I have a stigma about being told what I can and can not do with my own computer. *

The oggre XMMS plugin seems to be doing the trick. It streams the file to disk in ogg format at about 2x normal speed. As you can tell, it doesn't play the file, it just writes it to disk. Thanks for the suggestions.

If it were law-breaking (which it isn't in this case), it would be tantamount to civil disobedience -- something that is necessary for a society to be healthy.