Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Free C++ compiler?

Thread: Free C++ compiler?

Free C++ compiler?

I just started my new job at a heating cable/resistor manufacturing plant (head lab technician...woohoo!). I'm just starting a small project to grab a signal from a serial port and display an appropriate message on a terminal somewhere else. Now here's my problem. This must be coded in C++. My computer at work has no C++ compiler. The company has an extremely strict policy that no new software be installed on company computers. I spoke to one of the women in the administrative department, and she told me it was because of licensing concerns. I gave her a brief runthrough of what the GPL was, and she said that GPL'd software would be acceptable (not trampling on any licenses, right?). However, the only C++ compiler I know of that is GPL'd is GCC, and that hasn't been ported to Windows (works on Cygwin, but I asked if that could be installed and she said no freakin way). So here's my question: does anyone know of any other totally free (as in GPL/BSD licenses) C++ compilers, or any C++ compilers with another free license? Alternatively, can anyone think of any way to get a C++ compiler on my computer at work? Thanks.

EDIT: I guess I should give the OS, huh? Whoops. It's running Win95, and will almost certainly stay that way.

Re: Free C++ compiler?

Or if you buy one of those "Teach yourself C++ in 3 days" type books, they often include a "light" version of either the M$ compiler or something else.

What is their problem with cygwin?

More people need to know about Mingw. GPL'ed GCC without Cygwin.

Or if you buy one of those "Teach yourself C++ in 3 days" type books, they often include a "light" version of either the M$ compiler or something else.

What is their problem with cygwin?
    I wish I knew what their problem with cygwin was. Unfortunately when I asked, they gave me a definitive "NO WAY."
    I do own several of those "light" versions of MSVC++, Borland, etc... The only problem with those is that the product is not licensed for public use. It's licensed for MY use (as the purchaser of the book), but I have doubts that installing the thing on the network would go over well legally.

More people need to know about Mingw. *GPL'ed GCC without Cygwin.
    Now I didn't know about that! *That would be PERFECT. *Unfortunately, I believe we're running the original release of Win95 (I'll have to check to make sure), so I'll have to see if I can install MSVCRT.DLL (presumably available from MS's download site). *That will be the only trick to it, as the administrator girl has already OK'd anything under the GPL provided it doesn't change much (eg. I can install vim, but I can't install linux). Thanks a lot!

There are a black copies of borland c on internet.borland has got great enviroment.