Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

WordPefect Library problems

Thread: WordPefect Library problems

WordPefect Library problems

I have just installed Wordperfect but when I try to run it. It tells me it can't locate libXt.so.6 but I do have that in /usr/X11R6/lib. How can I fix this?

Re: WordPefect Library problems

as root

vi /etc/ld.so.conf

add /usr/X11R6/lib to the list

run ldconfig

VOILA!

That's there already but I ran ldconfig and it still gives me the same error message

could u post the exact error message?

cuz sometimes when u get error messages about libraries, it's not that the application can't find the library listed in the error message, but that the library that's listed in the error message can't find another library.

if u have the file /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6 run the following command:
    ldd /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6

that should give a list of every library that's used by the libXt.so.6 file, and then it will give the actual location of each of those libraries. it's possible that one of the libraries it needs isn't found and then the output of the ldd command should say something like "file not found" or something about that particular library.

The exact message is:
    Code:
    ./xwp: can't load library 'libXt.so.6'
    *The output of what you recommended is:
    Code:
    ldd /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6
        libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x40055000)
        libSM.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libSM.so.6 (0x4012f000)
        libICE.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libICE.so.6 (0x40138000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4014e000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x80000000)

hmmm
    then i have no idea :/