Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

QNX

Thread: QNX

snowdog

QNX

I was at a buddy's place the other night, and he showed me QNX 6.0. Pretty cool OS. Ran it on a P200 with 32 MB's. Ran smoothly. Like to see W2K or XP move like that on an old system (or at all :-P). Anyone else play with it? I have a copy of it now, but haven't installed yet.

Re: QNX

Nope, haven't played with it, but you have my interest peaked. I take it is some kind of *nix distro as well(sorry for ignorance, haven't heard of it before). I'll have to do some looking into it!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

JimH

I read about QNX quite a few months back when I saw an article on http://slashdot.org, but I never had time to take it for a test drive. If you try it, how about doing a little write up on it and take a few screenshots? Give the rest of us an idea what it is like. Maybe we can get Aragorn to post it on the site.

Jim H

Of course! I would actually like to start a little section where everybody can post their screenshots, in fact I will have to work on the code for that....python has a wierd way of handling uploads in cgi, so I'll have to toy with it!

Aragorn
    If you give a man a fire he'll be warm, if you light the man on fire he'll be warm for life.

snowdog

QNX is a UNIX distro and can be found at www.qnx.com Version 6.1 is available as well as a demo. I'll be doing the install of 6.0 in the next couple days.