Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

How do you make a partition bootable? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you make a partition bootable?

Mentor

Re: How do you make a partition bootable?

Note to self ........... when installing 2 harddrives in a single pc MAKE SURE the bios see's both harddrives before trying to install a bootloader :-* :-* :-* :-*

You can boot with a floppy, make all the drives bootable with cfdisk but if the bios does not know there is 2 different harddrives you'll NEVER boot into the phantom OS!!!!! NEVER!!!!

I fell really stupid right now :-[ :'( i wasted sooooooo much time on this , i'm going to go burry my head in the sand

Kind Mastermind

Note to self ........... when installing 2 harddrives in a single pc MAKE SURE the bios see's both harddrives before trying to install a bootloader :-* :-* :-* :-*

You can boot with a floppy, make all the drives bootable with cfdisk but if the bios does not know there is 2 different harddrives you'll NEVER boot into the phantom OS!!!!! NEVER!!!!

I fell really stupid right now *:-[ :'( * i wasted sooooooo much time on this , i'm going to go burry my head in the sand
    Been there, done that. I feel for you!

Good Guru

Ow man, I feel your pain

Dont feel bad, I act stupid every now and then too. Except I usually go apeshit and get all pissed and say screw it and start acting even dumber. Files, CD's (Well Windows CDs for being evil), roommates.....they all go flying all over the place Heheheh

Mentor

nah, i dont throw stuff around any more!!! i broke to much shit that i needed later down the line.

When i fisrt got married my wife got scared because i was yelling alot and throwing stuff around the house, damn debian installs

Good Guru

When i fisrt got married my wife got scared because i was yelling alot and throwing stuff around the house, damn debian installs
    Exactly.... ;D

Advisor

i did cfdisk /dev/hda and removed to boot option from it and the did cfdisk /dev/hdb and but the boot option on it .

i installed lilo in the mbr of /dev/hda and it still gave me 01010101010101 all down the screen!!!! *WTF!!!!
    Ahh looks like the old, "I cant find my second part" lilo problem.. Have you made a setting in the lilo.conf global section that looks like:
    Code:
    disk=/dev/hdb
      bios=0x80
    disk=/dev/hda
      bios=0x81
    It should tell lilo, when the bios returns with "first bootable device" ie 0x80 code, that lilo should look for /dev/hdb, else lilo, as default, will allways look at /dev/hda..
    Samething goes, if you have a scsi/ide mangled system, and you primarily boot of the scsi HD, but the ide is set as /dev/hda....