Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

how to play windows media format on linux?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to play windows media format on linux?

how to play windows media format on linux?

i have xine installed but when i try to play a "asx" file it wont open.
    maybe it doesnt support this? gstreamer didnt even install properly with the rpm no less. theres no executable. how lame.

last question. anyone know where i can get openquick time for linux?
    actually, im embarrased to say i installed it via tarball but dont know where
    its installed. ! :-/

"whereis openquicktime" shows nothing. maybe i have the file name wrong. the the rpm from rpmfind is not available for some dumb reason.
    i ask about quick time as well because i have a few quick time files i want to play. thanx for any help.

SD

Re: how to play windows media format on linux?

try out mplayer it supports almost all current video formats.
    But looks like the author doesnt like the gpl very much although it is released under it ..

http://www.mplayerhq.hu

too bad im missing a crapload of dependencies due to me trying the rpm.
    i'll try the tarball although im pretty sure when i compiled this a while back i was missing a few files.

the rpm says i need libdvdread, opengl , and like 4 or 5 others.
    i have my nvidia drivers installed properly and what not, but im a little foggy with getting opengl. i would imagine i dont need it? i think when rpms are offered from rmpfind, it should say what is needed!!!

SD

what program are you trying to install with the rpm .. mplayer wont work because it auto - detects most things when its compiled from source.

just the mplayer rpm. got it here:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/se...submit=Search+...

SD

I would just compile from source. It does not require OpenGL, although it is an option to have it use OpenGL.

There is one option that must be enabled in the kernel for your processor to work. I don't remember what it is, but I would bet RH already has it working.

trying to compile MPlayer i get a gcc compile error.
    when i do a make it compiles for a bit, then says
    "cannot exec cpp0:, no such file or directory.
    make[1] *** [depend] error 1"

during the ./configure it said to upgrade(downgrade) to gcc 2.95 or 3.00
    so i downloaded the rpm for 3.00 and did that b4 i tried to compile mplayer.

oh yeah, it also said duing the ./configure that my gcc didnt support c++
    so im left guessing here >

SD

ps. i did a search for cpp0 in rpm manager and at rpmfind.net but found nada.

maybe you missed the right rpm because cpp0 is installed on my pc it seems like its a c++ preprocessor ..

try installing the rpm for g++ 3.0 gcc might be just the c compiler part of it.

good luck

ok, went with the rpm and when i try to run mplayer in a terminal i get the following error:

[sd@localhost sd]$ mplayer
    mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.2.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    [sd@localhost sd]$

i DO have libstcd++3.0 and 3.0-devel installed.

any ideas?

SD