Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
INIT: cannot fork, retry... - can't boot to fix it

Thread: INIT: cannot fork, retry... - can't boot to fix it

INIT: cannot fork, retry... - can't boot to fix it

Gang,

I added a script called CAP to my /usr/lib/cups/backend directory, and it seems to have caused conflicts with netatalk (an app that gives appletalk access to linux boxen).

Anyway, now that that's added, my machine won't get passed the error message. The message takes place just before X boots (right after hostname and logon appear).

I've tried to call up an alternate console, but logging in is difficult because I keep getting the error messages!

Any help would surely save my butt!

Thanks,

M

Re: INIT: cannot fork, retry... - can't boot to fi

Gang,

I added a script called CAP to my /usr/lib/cups/backend directory, and it seems to have caused conflicts with netatalk (an app that gives appletalk access to linux boxen).

Anyway, now that that's added, my machine won't get passed the error message. The message takes place just before X boots (right after hostname and logon appear).

I've tried to call up an alternate console, but logging in is difficult because I keep getting the error messages!

Any help would surely save my butt!

Thanks,

M
    Well, I managed to bail myself out by hitting the power button (hated to do that), and getting into interactive mode on boot. I was able to delete the script, which allowed the machine to boot fine.

Any idea how to get a linux box to find printers served through an appleserver? I've come close (installed netatalk), but can't quite get CUPS to take over. I think I still need to define my printers somewhere else first, but am not sure where or how that's done.

Thanks,

M