Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Problem with cookies in Konqueror

Thread: Problem with cookies in Konqueror

Problem with cookies in Konqueror

I have Konqueror set to accept all cookies and have a low security setting on but Konqueror just can't hold the cookie at LinuxJunior for a second. I'll login and go to post and it asks me to login again. Almost the same happens with other sites. I want to be able to login to a site and stay logged in forever. This has been happening with Mandrake 8.1, I never had this problem with Mandrake 8.0.

Re: Problem with cookies in Konqueror

hello,
    i have been trying to duplicate the problem but no luck - it works great....
    this is rh7.2

This could be a rights issue. The same thing happened to me when I installed Mozilla from a tar.gz file. I untarred it and installed all as root so only root had rights to anything with mozilla's name on it.

I'm not sure of the permissions, I just installed it when I put on the OS. I got cookies to accept here at LinuxJunior by selecting never log out or something like that. I'm still getting that problem at other sites though.

Out of interest, is your computers date set correctly? (Not 2000 or 2002)?

WOW paul! Long time no see!!! What's up man!

Hey Paul, I haven't looked at this in a while but yes it was. I noticed about a day ago when visiting here (I saw the little date thing in the corner of the main page) that it said December 6 2014!!! I've since changed that and no more problems. I haven't messed with the date, I wonder why the Mandrake install got it wrong.

link=board=techsupport&num=1007621510&star t=0#5 date=12/07/01 at 11:09:58]
    WOW paul! *Long time no see!!! *What's up man!
    the opposite of down, but thats not important right now ;D