Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Using RealPlayer with browser

Thread: Using RealPlayer with browser

Using RealPlayer with browser

Have RealPlayer (8.0) installed and it runs if pulled up in the terminal window but cannot seem to get it up and running (Mozilla 0.9.4) in browswer (or in Netscape 6.2). When I click Plugins (under Mozilla) it says it is enabled. Isn't it supposed to pop up on its own? I am running Mandrake 8.1. Thanks!

Re: Using RealPlayer with browser

hello,
    i edited my mime type in mozilla and it worked. sometimes it works as a pluggin (i.e. in the browser winodow) and sometimes it works by opening an instance of realplay.
    hth

Some versions of Mozilla have trouble with RealPlayer. I recall using a few earlier versions that would show RealPlayer in the plugin list but they couldn't activate it. I did what pbharris suggested and it worked but If your going to use Mozilla (which I recommend) download 0.9.6. It's been very stable for me and the tab browsing is better than earlier versions.

Please excuse the next question but I am relatively new to Linux. How do I modify mime types? I found it in Preferences but there is only one listed (HTML). Thanks for your time and patience.
    ---------------------------------------------
    hello,
    i edited my mime type in mozilla and it worked. sometimes it works as a pluggin (i.e. in the browser winodow) and sometimes it works by opening an instance of realplay.
    hth

Actually I did download it, but was not able to install it. Not sure why. I had previously installed Netscape 6.2 and while having problems with that, my Mozilla (0.9.4) works better - in fact, it is getting all the changes I tried to make in Netscape!! Thanks for the tip.
    -----------------------------------------------

Some versions of Mozilla have trouble with RealPlayer. I recall using a few earlier versions that would show RealPlayer in the plugin list but they couldn't activate it. I did what pbharris suggested and it worked but If your going to use Mozilla (which I recommend) download 0.9.6. It's been very stable for me and the tab browsing is better than earlier versions.

Please excuse the next question but I am relatively new to Linux. How do I modify mime types? I found it in Preferences but there is only one listed (HTML). Thanks for your time and patience.
    ---------------------------------------------
    no problem!!

Go to edit -> preferences ->navigotor -Helper applications .

hit the new type button on the right. a box will pop up, fill out all the boxes, for type i put in realplay, for extension i put ram, and rm. then click okay - you should then be done.