Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Problems after building custom kernel

Thread: Problems after building custom kernel

Problems after building custom kernel

I configured and compiled kernel 2.4.16 for RedHat 7.2. Only problem is now at shutdown some services fail to stop. Like xfs and sendmail. Just to name a few. What could cause this. I know it's a little vague but am I overlooking something small. Thanks!

p.s. I never had a problem in RH 7.1 after building a custom kernel. And I did everything thing the same since I have the same computer.

Re: Problems after building custom kernel

Do you get the normal "failed" message when you power down? Or is the system just hanging when shutting down those services?

Do you get the normal "failed" message when you power down? Or is the system just hanging when shutting down those services?
    I was getting the "failed" message. I think I may have the problems worked out. I hope.

Good Guru

Are the daemons started properly? I know that RH7.1 had an editor for the different runlevel start and stop scripts, that didnt always sync the startup to shutdown. That may be something to think about. If it doenst start (or even proplerly) it cant really stop right either.