Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Live internet streaming

Thread: Live internet streaming

Live internet streaming

Are there any programs out there that could be used to stream live audio on the internet with Linux?

Re: Live internet streaming

You mean like Icecast ???

http://www.icecast.org/

You mean like Icecast ???

http://www.icecast.org/
    Is it possible to stream live radio broadcasts with it? *The reason I'm asking is because we want to set up a streaming Linux server at our radio group. *Live streaming is expensive and we figure we can save money by doing it ourselves.

Is it possible to stream live radio broadcasts with it? The reason I'm asking is because we want to set up a streaming Linux server at our radio group. Live streaming is expensive and we figure we can save money by doing it ourselves.
    yep thats no problem ... but i never could get it to work :-/

isn't there a shoutcast server for linux? All though I'm not too sure as to the licencing.

isn't there a shoutcast server for linux? All though I'm not too sure as to the licencing.
    That would be icecast...

shoutcast has there own linux version of the shoutcast server. Its worked pretty good for me and its easy to setup and use