Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

jumper settings

Thread: jumper settings

jumper settings

I have some pentium computers i got for free and i'm trying to over clock them. Which chip on the motherboard should I use the number off to find some jumper settings to overclock it. So far i havent' found anything with the ones i've used

Re: jumper settings

You might try peeking around in the BIOS. There's a slim chance that your computers, like mine, can be overclocked from there

these are pentium 100's and it doesn't have that bios thing. Anyways now that I found a manuel for this one computer I changed to the 166 settings and doulbe checked it all but it only shows up as 133. Am I doing this right. I put in a 133 and change bios settings to a 166. Would that be the right hting to do or is there more to it

You might try peeking around in the BIOS. There's a slim chance that your computers, like mine, can be overclocked from there
    *can't resist*

BIOS overclocking is for pussies !! Real men solder on their mobos !

Well, maybe you like going down on your computer, but I prefer to keep my head above the desk.

Mentor

*can't resist*

BIOS overclocking is for pussies !! Real men solder on their mobos !
    i would solder if i knew where or what to solder ***hint*** ***hint*** ***hint***

i would solder if i knew where or what to solder ***hint*** ***hint*** ***hint***
    Depends... what mobo do you have ?

You might not have to solder. Later Pentium boards had jumpers on them. If you know the mfg and model #, you might be able to get a chart of jumper settings for your board. (jumpers are like the small plastic parts you use to set the master or slave setting on a H.D. or CD-ROM drive)

You might not have to solder. Later Pentium boards had jumpers on them. If you know the mfg and model #, you might be able to get a chart of jumper settings for your board. (jumpers are like the small plastic parts you use to set the master or slave setting on a H.D. or CD-ROM drive)
    Agreed, but still to get fx a higher Vcore voltage (to attain those ultra high clocks) you need to solder, fx. I use the dipswitchs on my A7V mobo. I soldered a bit on the back side for a hack. Don't solder on anything unless you know what you are doing !!! It might kill you - YES KILL !!

An what ever you say... Overclock only for fun, it will in more cases not give you more than 20% extra on your clock, which measured in total performance isn't that much.

If you, decide to do this anyways... get good ram, in my case my ram is keeping me from attaining the GHz. Get good cooling, I recomment stuff like good thermal paste (Artic Silver is nice, but expensive - I got a knock off brand at half the price) and a REALLY good cooler, like the Silverado, or a really good copper heatsink is good to.
    Also get a good mobo, and overclock only in small steps.. don't go for like 2x the speed in one go.. might break something. Test stability for hours... and I mean god damn hours.. Linux is know to segfault on overclocked CPUs..... use a program like the Gnome @ home client to keep your CPU on 100% load...

If after all you endevores nothing is in flames and you can crack genes for 2 straight days, you might be in the green zone... check for dust every once in a while... I clean out my case once a month... Because dust is the noisy killer, cloghs fans, shorts circuits... nasty stuff !!