Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Nvidia help

Thread: Nvidia help

Nvidia help

Hello all,

I have a question about AGP, X and a TNT2 m64 16MB Card. I finally got Tuxracer to work, but it is soooooo slow that it must be software accelerated. When I do lsmod it doesn’t show any agp modules loaded. I have a stock 2.4.0 kernel from Suse and a VIA chipset. This leads me to a few questions.
    1) How do I tell if Agp support is compiled into my kernel.
    2) I searched on the net first and found a how-to for Nvidia TNT2 cards and the Nvidia Drivers. It says that “I didn’t set the agp to 4X because of Tnt2 and VIA issues.” Anyone know what this means?
    3) Also I am lucky enough to have parents that love me enough to buy me a Geforce 3 Ti-200 for X-mas. Anyone else have a Geforce 3 running linux?

Re: Nvidia help

Hi Thor,
    in the devicesection of /etc/X11/Xf86Config-4 do you have apgoption set to 3? or something similar? *mine is set to zero.

here is my xfree86 config file, *i have the same card and i get around 18 fps - not great but definately playable

http://members.telocity.com/cph013/XF86Config-4

Try looking over at www.evil3d.net for nVidia help.

3) You lucky bastard... but why didn't you ask for a Radeon 8500 ??

Thanks Pbharris, you have helped me in the past on Nvidia driver problems. i think i have a long road ahead of me to get it all working. and the holidays are a busy time. on top of that i have to learn german. and that's harder than Linux any day. I'm sure i'll be back here soon.

Lovechild. I like Nvidia products and i have read that the geforce 3 is a better performer than Ati Radeon cards. I think i'll be happy. it will definitely be better thatn my TNT2.

Brian.

Thor4Linux - I saw this guide on LinuxToday

7 Step guide to GeForce 3 + GNU/Linux. Thought you might like it.

http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stori...7.geforce.html

/*
    btw, with this post I 0wn KP
    */

Thanks Lovechild, I have to wait a little while longer for my card to come, my mom didn't have time to send it before christmas. But i book-marked the site.

B