Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

/bin/bash not found
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: /bin/bash not found

/bin/bash not found

i was trying to build my LFS system but my box rebooted, and now when i try to login i get /bin/bash not found and im back to the login prompt.
    Is there any way i can login again??

TIA

Re: /bin/bash not found

Boot to your other linux installation, then install bash onto your LFS system

Either that or edit /etc/passwd and change your shell to something that does exist.

do u get this while logging in to your LFS system? or when logging into ur normal system?

if it's with the lfs system make sure u have /bin/bash on your LFS partition, if not reinstall bash

Thats the problem this happend in my other linux installation so i dont have access to linux anymore :-/

Advisor

Have you tried booting to single user mode, this uses sh instead of bash.

Yep same problem.
    Any other option ??

Did you keep the bootdisks that you made when you first intalled linux?

If not, time to reinstall linux.

hmm can you boot into your lfs system ? .. if so you could mount your other system as /mnt/lfs and then create the variable LFS which points to that .. now you go to the lfs book chapter where they say to install bash statically ( this is the 1st time ) .. hopefully now you will get a new bash install , after that you could try to boot and reinstall bash .. its risky but it could do the trick ..

hth,

since he was working on the LFS system when it rebooted it might not be bootable yet

i think it might be best to use a rescue disk from your distro to fix your current linux system

The rescue disk didnt work either, so is time to reisntall a basic Linux. THanks Anyway