Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooling my HOT System

Cooling my HOT System

I think my system is running a bit hot... *I might have been running hot for a year with out me noticing... *I didnt know what was an avarage temp should of been... *I believe my system runs at about 140F or so.. *Talking to Pharris he suggested to get some stuff for it...

No I am not overclocking it... *and I have a K6-2 550MHZ

This is what I am thinking about getting what do you guys think?

Gooe
    http://www.kdcomputers.com/exec/productProfile?id=12
    Cpu Fan
    http://www.kdcomputers.com/exec/productProfile?id=74

Is this stuff overkill?

Mentor

Re: Cooling my HOT System

i dont know much about that gel, i have 3 fans in my box , i dont overclock but i have my pc in a place that does not get much air flow.

i have 1 on the power supply, 1 on the processor and one mounted on the box itself i cant imagine needing more than that, even with overclocking. :-/

hey people,
    that artic ice ii is great!! i have purchased stuff from kdcomputers and they are pretty decent, quick delivery and all that good stuff.

i am not sure if it is over kill, the fan might be, a new case fan also would help quite a bit. i put one of those case fans in that fit in an empty place by the PCI slots and it dropped my CPU and MB temp by almost 10 C.

140F isn't bad, I would say the stuff you would be ordering would be overkill. Those K6-2 chips just run a little hot I have a K6-2 300mhz in a box and it runs around 135-140F not overclocked with a good heatsink and thermal compound and great air flow.

I already got a big fan close to the hdds since they get VERY hot,,, I got to 20gig Maxtor Diamond HDs..

Thanks for your help guys

Good Guru

My k6-2/500 runs about the same temp. After haveing my pc on for amore than an hour, its up to 130F. Good sink, fans, and case. Hot little chips, thats all.

I would crack the heatspreader of the CPU, add thermal paste like Artic Silver and mount big ass heatsink... problem solved !

Ohh, get some zipstrips a bind those cables up, clean out your case - and lap your heatsink - if you feel like it !

What are some normal cpu temperatures? My p2 300 oc'd to 450 runs at 2 degress above room temperature at about 23 celcius.

What are some normal cpu temperatures? My p2 300 oc'd to 450 runs at 2 degress above room temperature at about 23 celcius.
    No need to worry...

I know thats obviously no reason to worry I just wondered how hot other cpus run because mine seems extremly cool compared to other peoples