Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

kernel compiled and works fine but modem is borked

Thread: kernel compiled and works fine but modem is borked

kernel compiled and works fine but modem is borked

I just upgraded to 2.4.17 and everything seems to be working fine except for my modem. It is a pci hardware modem that works fine with the 2.2.17-reiserfs kernel. So, I assume that the problem is with how I compiled the kernel.

What could have I messed up, I thought that I enabled everything that I needed. Like the PCI bus and PPP and Serial devices. Also, the parallel port was enabled.

When I do a
    setserial /dev/ttyS2 uart 16550A port 0xe000 irq 10

(which is what I used for the 2.2.17 kernel)

It says the address is busy.

Any ideas?

Re: kernel compiled and works fine but modem is bo

hmmm...anyone?

Okay, here is some more info.

I checked the log and I noticed that my modem was coming up as ttyS04 which isn't a directory or file on my system.

I then noticed that com 1 and com 2 came up as ttyS00 and ttyS01 but after the system was up they went to ttyS0 and ttyS1.

Does anyone know whats up here?

oh btw..... I cant makedev ttyS04 it says it doesnt know how.....

I fixed it...... here is what I did. After I noticed that com 1 and com 2 came up as ttyS00 and ttyS01 and then changed to ttyS0 and ttyS1 after the system was up. I decided to cd into /dev and ./MAKEDEV ttyS4 and then everything worked fine. But, I guess in the future this wont be need to be done because the kernel will figure everything out itself (if you compile in that option) but, you can choose the option now and its experiemental. But, I was too lazy to compile my kernel again.