Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

debian logs me in automatically

Thread: debian logs me in automatically

debian logs me in automatically

hi,

i never set x to start automatically but yet it does as soon as i log in. also, i did apt-get install gnome and blackbox and when x starts it has both window managers running at the same time. ???

how can i keep x from starting automatically? the install didnt let me create a boot disk although it tried to. i ran xf86config and set that up as well but my mouse doesnt work properly. (miocrosoft intellimouse) actually, i think i picked the wrong mouse now come to think of it. DOH!
    any idea?

Re: debian logs me in automatically

Hey SD,
    what does the file /etc/inittab look like? post it if ya can.

hey pb. thats a problem though because i cant really get to a terminal mode.
    as soon as i log in, gnome and blackbox start right away. when i do a ctrl, alt, backspace, it goes to a login screen then jumps right back into x within a second.
    strange right? and it pretty much locks up as soon as gnome/blackbox start. im wondering how i can get out of x to correct this maybe.

hum, are you using lilo for a boot loader? if lilo try
    linux 5 at login time.

???
    umm, what do you mean? yes, im using lilo by the way.
    sucks to be clueless. :-/

SD

Advisor

If your using the graphical message part of lilo, then press <ctrl>x, and you should be prompted with a LILO:, here just type: linux 3 to start in runlevel 3, or use linux single if even level 3 is borked.