Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Java & Mozilla (formerly Java and Netscape)

Thread: Java & Mozilla (formerly Java and Netscape)

Java & Mozilla (formerly Java and Netscape)

Decided to change the subject line to more accurately reflect the problem. Downloaded JRE and attempted to install it but ran into dependency problems. Spent a lot of time downloading files to support more files to support more files, et al. When I finally got to the stage of installing JRE it told me there was a conflict with Kaffe 1.0.6. I had checked (or so I thought) every browser to see if java worked but forgot to check Konqueror - it apparently is using an already installed java package. I would assume this would change my symlink (that doesn't work now), but not sure how. Any help at this stage would be greatly appreciated and would probably keep me out of an institution for the insane. Thanks!

Re: Java & Mozilla (formerly Java and Netscape)

hello,
    i grabbed the tarball and installed it to /usr/local/ - no dependency issues and it has been working quite well.

Re: Java & Mozilla (formerly Java and Netscape)

I got java to work with mozilla, I had to make a symlink, emulating an older libstdc++ file to the newer one... Works like a charm now....

I installed the xpm file, running moz as root, and then made that symlink, all was fine from then on.. I havn't found a javavm site that wont' work yet....