Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Add / install ethernet card (RedHat 7.2)

Thread: Add / install ethernet card (RedHat 7.2)

Associate

Add / install ethernet card (RedHat 7.2)

Hi,

I got stuck with my ether net card. It's a D-Link DE 528 Ethernet PCI Adapter and RH 7.2 recognizes it as a PCI 2000 clone. I got a "linux driver" for this card but I do not know how to install it.
    In the RH network configuration I cannot select it (as it does not appear).
    RH does not recognize it when booting ("looking for new hardware&quot, and it fails (when booting) initializing the ethernet card as PCI 2000 clone.
    :-[

How can I proceed? I heard about booting with the setup disk and then type in "linux dd", but I am unsure if this is the right way...

Re: Add / install ethernet card (RedHat 7.2)

HRmm, redhat doesn't find it?

Try this, remove the card, boot redhat, shutdown, install the card, boot redhat again.... it should then detect the card, and start asking you questions about it...

Associate

remove the card
    May sound strange, but isn't there an easier way, something about deleting/changing config files to make the box setting it up (again)?

unfortionatly, I do not know where that utility keeps its profile settings. You might hitup #redhat on irc.openprojects.net and ask the redhat developers there...

you can run /etc/init.d/kudzo which takes care of hardware profiles.