Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Reseting Clock Settings through text editing

Thread: Reseting Clock Settings through text editing

Associate

Reseting Clock Settings through text editing

I found a bug in Red Hat 7.2's clock. Heh who cares right well if you run into this bug like a i did it will sabatoge your user, I have to post this as root because my main user can no longer access the internet. Now If i could get into the clock settings for the user i could fix everything but when I do Red Hat recognizes the problem with the configuration and will not let me edit it. Here is what I did

By default the clock is set to military time, as I am not in the military I tried to change it to regular time.

The reason I did this is because it is how you change it from military to regular on XP. In the settings where you change the format of the clock it says something like HH;MM;SS or something close to that with other symbols like % I changed the capitol HH to hh. Immidiatly it asked my to log off and log on and after I did that the Konquer will not open it tries for a minute but i never see the window. What can I do to fix this?

Re: Reseting Clock Settings through text editing

What does the "date" command tell you, as root?

Associate

What does the "date" command tell you, as root?
    Fri Feb 15 09:31:20 PST 2002

Ok, so as a regular user, go into the Konqueror configs and set it back to normal.

Associate

Ok, so as a regular user, go into the Konqueror configs and set it back to normal.
    Well Konquer will not open when logged on as the regular user and its not the Konquer config I screwed up I don't know why it effected Konquer. I have Red Hat 7.2 and in Red Hat 7.2 there is a clock on the bottom right side of the screen on the task bar. You right click on it and a menu comes up with Date and Time settings as one of the options, in there is what I screwed with and It will not let me back in there to fix it. What would probably be easier if someone explained to me how to delete and create users, I can delete the user and then create him again.

Brett

As the user, type rm -rf ~/.kde into a terminal.