Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
linux help

Thread: linux help

linux help

Hi all i hope im in the right place id like to say first i have no clue how to use linux im a novice so i appologise now if i make you rage.
    My problem is with my linux dedi i have with whm/cpanel,My problem is i have a 2tb hardrive and its says ive used it up nearly now ive asked the provider and they say unmanaged your on ur own but it has a few partitions on it and they are showing unusaul traffic behavour so my question is this without removing all the stuff i have on the hard drive like my gameservers etc is there a way to clear the other partitions and what data is on them and them make the partition with the cpanel etc on have the full 2tb ive had to delete 2 gameservers as cpanel locked down saying space used

i done this fdisk -l

Disk /dev/sda: 2000.3 GB, 2000398934016 bytes
    255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 243201 cylinders
    Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/sda1 * 1 2550 20478976+ 83 Linux
    /dev/sda2 2550 2615 523264 82 Linux swap / Solaris

please could someone help or point me to a website that could help provider and cpanel not intrested

hi gazzac,

it seems your disk is only basic and you didn't setup your disk with LVM. Anyways we have to be sure. Please type these commands below and paste them here.

1.) cat /etc/issue; uname -a;
    2.) fdisk -cul
    3.) pvs, vgs, lvs
    4.) cat /proc/scsi/scsi
    5.) cat /proc/partitions

worst case scenario that might happen on your part is you might need to backup all your data from your drive to another media, and then repartition and reformat your drive, but this time you have to use LVM.

if you don't what LVM is, there are tons of info on google.

cheers!