Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ip address on rh7.2

Thread: ip address on rh7.2

ip address on rh7.2

Cannot change ip addresses on the fly on rh7.2 box.
    I issue netconfig and change ip then i do ifconfig and see the old ip.
    I do ifdown eth0 and ifup eth0 and I still see the old ip.
    If I reboot the machine then everything is fine.
    I remember I didn't have to reboot rh7.0 to get new ip working....
    Any suggestions as to what should I do to get new ip without rebooting the machine?
    thx.

Re: ip address on rh7.2

Run netconf to change it, or even ifconfig to change it, then
    [root@box root]$ service network restart

I have had the same issue. I tried using Linuxconf, netconf and a few others (dont remember right now) but even after running /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart. My box would still have the same ip. I got around it by first running /etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop and editing the files in /etc/sysconfig manually and then bringing the network back up.

I have had the same issue. I tried using Linuxconf, netconf and a few others (dont remember right now) but even after running /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart. My box would still have the same ip. I got around it by first running /etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop and editing the files in /etc/sysconfig manually and then bringing the network back up.
    Is this on a redhat box?

Run netconf to change it, or even ifconfig to change it, then
    [root@box root]$ service network restart
    Sorry I didn't mention that - that was the first thing I tried "service network restart" and it didn't help.

Sorry I didn't mention that - that was the first thing I tried "service network restart" and it didn't help.
    Hrmm, well, works every time for me. I use 'setup' and select the network config tool, then once I've configured it, service network restart gives me my new IP address. I can even switch between static and DHCP too... works every time.

Yeah Redhat 7.2

I have had the same issue. *I tried using Linuxconf, netconf and a few others (dont remember right now) but even after running /etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart. *My box would still have the same ip. *I got around it by first running /etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop and editing the files in /etc/sysconfig manually and then bringing the network back up.
    Which files do you edit exactly, I took a look et /etc/sysconfig and didn't find any files that containg ip addresses...

/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/ should contain information on your network cards in Red Hat. It should be something like ifcfg-ethX or something like that.

In redhat, the files are /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

those are the two files.

Also, IF you change your address, you have to make sure that /etc/hosts has an entry for that address.